Recovering from Domestic Violence
This is from a wonderful group called SafePassage:
Healing in the aftermath of domestic violence is different for each survivor. While there are some commonalities among domestic violence survivors, each person’s needs and recovery process are different. At Safe Passage we support survivors in identifying the ways in which counseling and/or advocacy might help. We base our work on these concepts:
- The perpetrator is responsible for the abuse and it is not and never was the victim’s fault.
- No one deserves to be battered or abused.
- Survivors made the best choices that were available to them at the time.
- It is possible to heal from the effects of violence.
- You, the survivor, are the expert at your own recovery process.
This entry was posted onWednesday, May 27th, 2015 at 10:54 pm and is filed under Domestic Violence. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.